Discover more from Really Good Vintage
Prada lips & holographic butterflies
+ Striped bottoms, mesh tops, and abstract dresses!
Hi and happy Friday!
As we discussed on Tuesday, the only piece I’ll ever outright say should be in every closet is the blue & white striped oxford. Minimalist & maximalists alike can style that beaut and I offered three ways to do so!
And wouldn’t you know that when I was looking for striped button downs, I came across a hefty amount of blue & white striped bottoms (which I love to style with the aforementioned striped tops).So below you’ll find 15 striped bottoms + the usual fare: a handful of abstract print dresses, some killer mesh tops, and three wacky heels, one of which in the ever-elusive Prada lip print!
1. Levi’s cabana shorteralls, $65. Summer incarnate!
2. B&W graphic tshirt dress, $40. Great dress that can work as a beach coverup by day then swap your flip flops for strappy black sandals and your salty hair for a low bun (but keep the tan!) for night.
3. Cherokee cabana stripe shorts, $38. Great shorts, pt 1.
4. Express light stripe shorts, $18. Great shorts, pt 2.
5. Cabana stripe jeans, $36. Classic stripe jean, excellent with a pinstripe.
6. Vivienne Tam mesh-top tank, $79. Chic! Would wear with #11 and #19.
7. Dual blue stripe jeans, $30. If the blue/white is too stark for you.
8. Sheer mesh crop top, $33. I know it seems impractical but this is such a fun layering piece! Over a bikini top, a tank, or how good over a halter top?
9. Butterfly hologram slides, $55. I found a set of these five years ago before they hit the scene and man do I wish I kept them! Anyhow, these are a deal - most I’m seeing over over $100!
10. Express dark stripe shorts, $24. Great shorts, pt 3.
11. Abstract print wrap skirt, $30. Honestly I’m a sucker for an abstract print - I love the ambiguity of it, I love the ease of print-mixing, and for something neutral like this one, I know everything I own could be paired with it.
12. Giorgio Sant’Angelo cuffed shorts, $30. Great shorts, pt 4.
13. Donna Karan abstract dress, $34. Just add a wide black patent belt!
14. Light cabana stripe jeans, $60. Love wearing a vintage band tee with these.
15. Dark pinstripe jeans, $25. You already know how I feel about pinstripes.
16. Mesh top w/ attached bra, $50. The solution to sheer shirts! Have your bra sewn in! Would wear this #11 or #17 or a pair of trousers.
17. Palmetto black/blue striped jeans, $45. Another take should blue/white not be your thing.
18. Nicole Miller drop waist scribble dress, $65. Click the link! Hard to tell what the print really is, but at least you get the idea of the drape!
19. Prada lip heels, $77. Here they are! Start the bidding!
20. Mixed stripe shorts, $25. A little twist on an already great short.
21. Ticking stripe shorts, $20. These feel like they need lemonade and a penchant for rowing.
22. Striped cutoffs, $40. Great shorts, pt 5.
23. Brush stroke minidress, $30. The colors! The length! The print!
25. Palmetto pinstripe shorts, $40. Pinstripes for gams!
Thanks so much for being here as always, tag me with your finds, and have a great weekend! xx Maggie