Discover more from Really Good Vintage
A hearty helping of Ungaro and a soupçon of Moschino
aka 25 chic things to keep you happy
Hi and happy Friday!
What a week it has been (call your representatives!) - it’s been heavy and strange and as usual, I find respite in this newsletter venture. In case you missed it, I created a capsule wardrobe for Tuesday’s newsletter - 20 items to mix and match and create a very cool closet. Today, there are 25 more things that could slide easily into Tuesday’s closet - or perhaps your own? We’ve got a plunging neckline, some plisse pants, and more than a few tanks and tops!
1. Deeeep V dress, $50. I mean DAYUM. Let that sternum breathe! This absolutely needs a statement piece of jewelry. My first choice would be a pendant necklace but earrings would be stunning, too.
2. Cream polo top, $39. A foreverwear!
3. Westwood-esque draped pinstripe skirt, $45. Very Vivienne, no?
4. Modernist onyx ring, $79. Big and bold and would be great stacked and mixed with some thin gold rings.
5. Edwardian-style linen dress, $80. J. Peterman of Kentucky(!) and Seinfeld fame always has very excellent quality stuff. Love the neckline.
6. Cream silk cropped tank, $29. Classic with great straps.
7. Ungaro drawstring pullover, $60. If you don’t buy this, I will. Casual but elevated, easily to layer, and draped to perfection.
8. Cream plisse pants, $46. My ideal spring pant is plisse. They feel fancy but they’re as comfortable as sweatpants. These are vintage Express, too, which is a fav brand.
9. Tan piped knit tank, $17. So good with some brown linen trousers.
10. Striped vest/pant lounge set, $52. Wear together or mix and match the separates with anything else in this collage.
11. Moschino Cheap & Chic tiered fringe skirt, $64. Love the raw finish of the fringe!
12. Ungaro side-tie blazer/top, $40. I’ll always push these because not only are they fLaTtErInG but also chicchicchic.
13. Collarless striped denim jacket, $18. So fun! An excellent and interesting addition to any Canadian tuxedo.
14. Denim zip pocket button down, $30. These pockets!
15. Brown pleated silk tank, $18. Look at this deal!!
16. Two-piece dress set, $24. This would live comfortably in the world of Romy & Michelle.
17. Valentino sheer layered tank, $69. Just add a little triangle bra and toss this on with #8, #18, or #20.
18. White foldover waist pants, $52. The waistband takes this to the next level. Subtle but effective.
19. Dali tee, $79. Love a good art tee.
20. Black leather cargo pants, $80. Feels very Saint Laurent.
21. Ungaro sheer crinkle tee, $18. Would be cool layered over the Dali tee!
22. Faded blue coveralls, $35. Like J. Peterman, vintage Banana Republic is always great quality, so these are built to last.
23. Brown striped mockneck, $5. A steal for a cute closet hero!
24. Brown & gold link belt, $40. Love these forever.
25. Black silk polo, $62. I’m a big fan of polos with a twist. They’re usually so preppy and I always equate them with the double collar look of my youth, so this silk version is such a cool - not corny - twist on something you think you know all too well. Makes you look twice even though it’s so simple.
Thank you as always for being here and have a great and safe weekend xx Maggie